Tuesday 17 July 2012

The End Of The School Year

So another year at school has come to an end. Children are leaving and new ones arriving. Lots of little jobs to be done and everyone's working hard.

I was meant to attend an assembly yesterday so the children can see who their helpers are and say thank you but I was held up enrolling on my course, so I missed it. I went in today to deliver the make believe post office I had made for one of the classes and I was presented with a lovely gift as a thank you for helping out in school during the year:


It smells lovely, what a wonderful surprise! (I love the look of the pastel pink and silver mirror together - with cream I might use it as inspiration for my new bedroom colour scheme!)

Here are some pictures of the post office I made out of boxes for the kids. It's only basic and needs decorating with leaflets, pretend post and a sign.

Two front doors and post boxes - things can be posted and also collected

Inside the post office 'staff' area - in need of decoration, it's quite 'IKEA' at the minute!

Outside front of the post office area - needs a sign and leaflets

So that's some of what I've been busy with this week. I have many more projects on the go and you'll see a post about those soon (along with a few catch up posts I haven't managed to get around to finishing yet).

I'm looking forward to this Friday. I'm going to the VIP preview night of Lush's new makeup range 'Emotional Brilliance' and I'm very excited! With any luck this time it will be the right day and everyone will have a great time. Is anyone else going to one of the preview parties? The range launches this Saturday.

Also you should keep an eye out for the summer edition of Lush Times which is supposed to be out this week, as my how to tutorial for making Lushie Plushies is in there. I will try and grab one and post a picture of it.

 x

No comments: