Wednesday 30 May 2012

Bronze Shimmer Oils

I have really pale skin and I'd like a bit of colour this summer but I wouldn't say heavily tanned. For a wedding I need to 'glow' so I will be using St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse as it's never let me down and gives a brown based tan rather than a red or yellow (or the dreaded orange) base.

(NARS Body Glow - image from http://www.narscosmetics.co.uk/)


On the day a shimmer would look amazing over the tan. I remember a few years ago I went for a NARS makeup lesson with the bride to be and I tested out their Body Glow oil. It had a wonderful tropical scent and gave a very wearable shimmer with a slight hint of colour. I loved it, but at £44 for only 120ml I wasn't going to be buying it!

(The Body Shop Honey Bronze Shimmering Dry Oil - image from http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/)


So I've been on the hunt for something similar and today I found The Body Shop's Honey Bronze Shimmering Dry Oil. At £16 for 100ml it is a lot cheaper and based on the reviews, seems to be very similar to the NARS oil.

I have yet to test it out but when I do I will post pictures showing the comparison.

x

No comments: